CLASSES FOR BEGINNERS
Improv Workshop A
Improv Workshop B
Intro to Sketch Writing
Improv & Beyond
CLASSES FOR THE PROFESSIONAL ACTOR
Lower Division - Core Track
Level One - Basic
Level Two - Intermediate
Level Three - Advanced Improv
Upper Division - Performance Track
Level Four - LAB Series
EXTENSIONS & DROP-INS
There are many additional classes offered outside of our CORE TRACK and PERFORMANCE TRACK.
DROP-IN and WOW classes are designed to offer additional training at various levels in your improv development. We encourage all students to continue training between courses.
Must have completed Improv Workshop A.
Three hour class
Must have completed or are currently enrolled in Basic
3.5 hour class
Must have completed or are currently enrolled in Intermediate
Must have passed Intermediate and are on the waiting list for Writing Lab or Advanced
A series of four WOW classes culminating in an improv performance
TEEN IMPROV CLASSES
The Groundlings School offers a variety of teen improv classes:
- A five-class improv performance workshop, which culminates in a performance on the Groundlings stage.
- A six-class improv performance workshop, which culminates in a performance on the Groundlings stage.
- A week long improv performance summer intensive, which culminates in a performance on the Groundlings stage.
- Single day drop-in improv classes
Days & times vary, so for specific pricing & scheduling, please see the registration website.
How to Register for a Class
We have a rolling registration, and new classes are posted every Monday morning by 11:00am. To enroll, students may register two ways:
1) Online, with credit card
2) IN PERSON, with cash, check or credit card. A minimum non-refundable, non-transferable deposit of $55 (applied to the student's tuition) is required at the time of enrollment. We do not offer refunds. The student is solely responsible for registering and paying for classes.
**Each session we offer as many different times as our space allows. Basic and Intermediate classes will be offered twice a week for six weeks and once a week for twelve weeks.