Want to work with us?
NOW HIRING: SECURITY & COVID COMPLIANCE OFFICER
The Security & COVID Compliance Officer will be responsible for implementing, monitoring, and ensuring compliance with all health and safety protocols for artists, staff, and audiences, for our theatre and school venue. They will report to the Tech Director and help oversee a small team of COVID Compliance Deputies. An ideal candidate will know how to balance people and policy, and will enforce rules and regulations with compassion and empathy.
This is a seasonal position with primarily in-person work starting in mid-June.
- Work closely with Groundlings leadership team to implement clear safety protocols for indoor activities compliant with CDC, state, and local guidelines.
- Oversee daily health check-in submissions from all participants (staff, students, audience members, vendors, etc), and ensure all are following entry/exit plans and zone protocols.
- Ensure required safety and protocol training for all cast and crew is provided and completed.
- Provide regular walk throughs of all spaces to ensure that all personnel are remaining compliant with COVID-19 protocols, including monitoring and enforcing proper social distancing, mask-wearing, and equipment disinfecting
- Ensure that all areas have proper social distancing and capacity signage, and that all artists and staff follow these directives
- Check that all disinfecting supplies (hand sanitizer, anti-bacterial wipes, etc.) are refilled, and monitor stock of COVID-19 PPE (gloves, face shields, masks)
- Follow all contact tracing procedures, in the event of an exposure or positive diagnosis, with guidance from management, including creating a daily roster of all on-site personnel, students, and guests.
- Answer questions regarding COVID-19 protocols and create a safe and supportive environment for all personnel
Skills, Qualifications & Competencies:
- Experience as a COVID-19 compliance officer or contact tracer in any industry a plus but not required.
- Covid-19 Compliance certification will be provided once hired; prior certification a plus
- An education (or willingness to learn) about the transmission of COVID-19 and applicable prevention measures, and the ability to follow and enforce the evolving CA State and CDC COVID-19 Guidelines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced festival to manage multiple venues, protocols, and priorities
- Strong decision-making skills and ability to take necessary steps with tact and patience
- Use of discretion and ensure confidentiality when relaying any sensitive information to management
- Excellent communication skills, patience, adaptability and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations is essential
- Weekly hours - expectation of 20-25 hours per week to start
- Shifts may include weeknights, and weekend nights
The Groundlings is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and work to create an inclusive environment because we know it makes our school and theater better. Black, Indigenous, and People of Color are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected].
The Groundlings Theatre and School offers quarterly internships to qualified candidates. Candidates must be full-time college students (junior, senior, or graduate school) earning college credit. Internships are approximately 24 hours per week for 10-12 weeks. If interested in applying to our program, please send your resume and letter of interest to [email protected]. Customer service and experience working in a theatre a plus!
We are not accepting applications at this time.