Have a question that’s not answered here? Please email us at [email protected].
What do I need to prepare for the audition?
A strong internet connection is required. Please dress comfortably—the audition requires you to be active, so make sure you have space to move. No need to prepare a monologue. The audition consists of group improv games and exercises. You will also learn more about the school.
Can I audition for a higher level than Basic?
No. Improv styles vary greatly from school to school, and it is important for all of our students to have the same foundation before moving to a higher level.
Payment plans are available for Intro & Core Track classes. if you have credit on your Groundlings account, it will reduce the final payment.
- Payment Plan A: For a $5.00 non-refundable fee, you can pay a $100 deposit at the time of registration, and the remaining balance will be auto-charged on the first day of class.
- Payment Plan B: (for Core Track only) For a $25.00 non-refundable fee, you can pay a $100.00 deposit at the time of registration, and the remaining balance will be split—the first half will be auto-charged on the first day of the course and the remainder will be auto-charged at the midpoint of the course.
What kinds of improv classes do you offer?
We have 3 Tracks: Intro Track, Core Track, Lab Track.
- Intro Track classes are open to anyone, at any experience level.
- Core Track is just that, the core of the improv training at The Groundlings School. It includes Basic, Intermediate, and Advanced. A (free) audition is required for enrolling in Basic Improv.
- Lab Track is for students who’ve passed through the Core Track. It includes Writing Lab & Advanced Writing Lab. Students who pass Advanced Writing Lab join the Sunday Company. Lab Track classes are offered much less frequently.
Do you offer sketch writing classes?
We do! We offer sketch writing classes for all experience levels here.
What’s the difference between Improv Workshop A and Basic Improv?
Basic is fast-paced, and designed for professional actors or students with prior improv experience. Workshop A is designed to be fun and engaging for students of all experience levels. Many students feel ready to audition for Basic after completing a Workshop A.
Do I need acting experience?
Nope! Intro Track classes are great for students just starting out with improv or acting.
When are your classes offered?
Classes start almost every day of the week. We post new classes on our website every Monday afternoon at 1:00 p.m PT.
Do my class results expire?
All class results have been automatically extended, at least through the end of 2021. Email [email protected] with any questions.
Once enrolled in a class, can I switch to a different time and/or date?
We do not allow transfers. We can drop you from your class and give you credit back, which you can use to sign up for another class. Credit does not expire. As a courtesy, all drop fees are being waived until we reopen. More information on our drop policies can be found on our Policy & Waiver page.
If I miss a class, can I make it up?
Sorry, we do not offer make-up classes.